Yes, we all have experienced those nights when we walk into a party, club or bar and feel very insignificant. There’s always that one girl who stands out in the crowd. We all know her. We envy her. We all want to be her. She’s the one who has guys lining up to buy her a drink and never has to stand alone.
We all want to be this woman but how? It’s simple. We’ve already heard the cliché term “beauty comes from within” but the beauty within won’t get you that hot guy to notice you.
So now, we are faced with a challenge. What attracts guys? Why do almost all guys drool over Angelina Jolie, but just think that Jennifer Garnier is “cute?” We’ve all seen Carmen Electra, Pamela Anderson and Denise Richards and wonder what is it about these women?? It’s simple. All you need is that one dress that’s short but not too short. That reveals a little but leaves the rest to the imagination. Remember that the following information is steered toward getting that man that you’ve been eyeing. This information should not
Harsh words, hurting comments, tears and flying household objects – for sure, no one ever wanted that to be the everyday routine when deciding to live together with the beloved person. Yet, why is this such a common picture, portrayed even in many Hollywood dramas?
Two people meet, they fall in love – that happens, in a multitude of different ways, thousands of times all over the world. Then, if they’re lucky and everything goes well, they decide that since they love each other so much, they want to stay together and share a home.
Now, for married as well as unmarried couples, they have to adjust to a new situation: Every-day-life decisions depend on two people’s opinions, preferences and wishes instead of one before.
In single life, one’s the only instance of decision on what party to go to, when to clean the place, what to wear, what to eat and where to go on holiday. For a divorced person, especially with children, a lot of responsibilities are added. A single parent has to be mother, father and breadwinner, has to take care
Do you strike out with single women in the romance department no matter what you do? You can even be a drop-dead good-looking guy, but unless you know what is offensive to a woman’s ears, you are likely to stick your foot in your mouth and make a fool of yourself and turn off women.
With today’s single woman you need to know what she wants and then give to her without sounding phony. The following are some common mistakes men make when dating single women that turn women off:
1. When talking to or about single women, are you still living back in time and calling them babes, broads, chicks, or something even more repulsive? Always call a woman by her name! If you use these terms mentioned, you will insult and turn single women completely off.
2. When out on a date, do you spend all of your time eyeing other women in the bar, nightclub, or restaurant? Don’t even think for a minute that she won’t notice. She will not only notice, but may be so turned off by your behavior that she may
After a few years of being with that special someone, everything becomes a routine and this is one of the reasons why a
In today’s world, most of us involved in a relationship have a job, family, and other responsibilities that take up too much time of our lives and by the end of the day, we are so tired that don’t make time to do something different and fun with our
In order for a relationship to work and last, we need to communicate, trust, support and do fun things with our loved one.
Here are some romantic ways to keep the flame alive.
1. Get home before your partner and trace a path from the front door to the bedroom with lit votive candles. In the bedroom, have lit candles, a bottle of wine (or the drink of your choice), and strawberries covered with chocolate.
2. Make a reservation at a hotel for a night but don’t tell your partner. Just have her/him meet you at the hotel’s bar for a drink. Make sure you have lit candles and rose petals
spread on the bed when you
The number one mistake made by men on the first date is trying to buy love. The first date is not a marriage proposal; it’s merely an opportunity to measure compatibility. If it doesn’t work out, you will have spent all that cash on a fancy restaurant and red roses for nothing. Unfortunately, the IRS has not declared bad dates to be tax deductible expenses.
Even if the first date leads to a second one, it might be going there for all the wrong reasons. You can buy a beer, a pizza, a house, a diamond necklace, a car, but you cannot under any circumstances buy love. What you can do is make a woman show her deep affection for all your money, and since it’s your money she’s fallen for, when it’s all gone, she’s going to be gone too. If you spend all your money on the first date by showering them with luxuries, what’s going to happen on the second date when three Krystal burgers and a small fry replace the seven course gourmet meal? Trust me. It’s not going to be pretty. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Save some for
What’s the Number One Question that Everyone Asks About CyberDating?
Everyone — and that included YOU! — wants to know: “Does Internet Dating Work?”
Well, I KNOW it works, and in the best possible way, because I met my husband Drew on Match.com in May 1998. And I know others who have met their True Love that way, too. (I’m collecting stories of Internet True Romance, if you know of a couple that met that way — email me at Kathryn@Find-A-Sweetheart.com and tell me all about it!)
But what about for you? Will it work for YOU???
No one wants to get their hopes up and then be disappointed, do they? If this is “not going to work,” then why try?
Sounds like a good reason not to do anything, doesn’t it? Because even though CyberDating most definitely worked for me, I can’t guarantee that it will “work” for you. Too many variables, the biggest of which is you — your own fears and how far you are willing to go.
Let’s look at this question from a more logical place.
What have you been doing, other than posting on an
The first thing you should do is talk about what happened, to your closest friend or family member. Just let it all out. The more you talk about what happened, the better you’ll feel about it later on. You still have someone that cares about you, your friend or family member.
The next thing to do is to focus on other aspects of life. If you’re in school, focus hard on your studies, and challenge yourself to the limit. Have a job’ Try really hard at your job, put in the overtime. The key thing to do is to achieve something to be proud of. Once you’ve done this, you will end up feeling better about yourself. Maybe you’ve even forgot about the breakup, or the memory is just a very vivid one. And if you’re still feeling like crap, you might want to try something different.
There comes a time when life goes on. Perhaps you’re ready to step outside of your protective shell of your previous relationship. Your heart is still broken yes, but it’s slowly healing itself. Ask a couple of friends to go to a movie with you, hang around the mall,
1. First, put yourself in the opposite position: If YOU didn’t want to be with someone, and let him or her know it, what would you expect the other person to do? Hopefully let go, and move on with dignity.
2. The biggest “cure all” every time you miss them, or are thinking about them with sadness, is to VIVIDLY remember the times they treated you like DIRT, and ask yourself: “Is THAT what I REALLY WANT?” When the answer is NO – then keep that in your mind. It will replace the old pattern of putting them on a pedestal when they treated you far less than the way you deserved. It will also help you to replace the pain with the truth of the situation.
3. Every time thoughts about them suddenly come into your mind, do the above, AND re-direct your focus on to something that is positive and life enhancing for YOU, or others that you love. You have the power to consciously re-direct your thoughts and FOCUS. Do that every time the blues start to creep in to your consciousness.
4. Really TRUST that everything DOES work out for
So, you’re convinced that you have zero opportunities to meet men.
Are you stuck in an office all day with the same stiffs day in and day out? Have you tried singles’ dances, only to leave feeling worse than when you went in? Did the last loser your aunt set you up with squash your Chihuahua when he screeched up the driveway?
Well, don’t fret. I have some ideas for you. While advice columnists steer single women into churches to meet honest, loyal, and successful men, I wouldn’t dream of it. Church is great for communing with God, but it never struck me as the best place to meet a man. People, including me, are on our best behavior at church. If you’d rather meet a man where he’s more likely to be himself, here are my top three recommendations:
1. A bar, specifically during Monday Night Football. Football season is a great time to meet men who flock to taverns to watch the NFL. When I was single, I loved going to Monday Night Football (even though I didn’t really understand the game) because the bar was filled with mostly single men, there was
You see her across the room. Ah, so attractive. But nobody to introduce her to you. ‘Ah, I’ll do a James Bond on her,’ you think. Now what was Bond’s first words to Pussy Galore? ‘I must be dreaming.’ No, that won’t work. How about singing ‘Underneath the Mango Tree’ to her as Bond did to Honey Rider in ‘Dr. No’. Ah? No! Well, what’s left? You’ll just have to go up and talk to her, if it’s a situation where you won’t see her again. But it’s always safe to assume that she has a boyfriend that can squeeze the stuffings out of a gold ball. That aside, take a chance and make polite conversation. What’s the worst that can happen. She says, ‘I’m sorry, I’m not available.’ and you save the time and money of a date with her. Like George Burns says, ‘When a beautiful woman says ‘no’ to me, it’s a relief.
If you know that you will see her again, like at your university, your job, or working at a restaurant, you can have another shot at her and use the shy man’s approach to getting a date.
‘You farm boys
1. When will I see you again? You’ll see him when you see him. If he wants to see you again, he’ll call. If not, next. You don’t have time for anyone that doesn’t have time for you.
2. Why didn’t you call? There’s only one answer to this question: Because he didn’t want to!!! What you’re really asking is, “Why didn’t you want to call me?” Who knows!! There could be a lot of reasons, but you shouldn’t be sitting around wondering why. You should be out dating lots of different guys and not worrying about ONE guy. Don’t be so quick to put all your eggs into one basket, because if they break, it’s a big mess!
3. Where were you? If he wanted you to know where he was, he’d tell you. What you’re really asking is, “Where you with another female that you like better than me?” Your insecurity is showing, sweetie. If anything, he should be wondering where you were.
4. I love you. You’re saying it in the hopes that he’ll say it back, but what if he doesn’t? You’ll be devastated and probably feel foolish. Saying “I love
I run a blog where I discuss the topic of the many games people play in the dating arena. I’ve posted hundreds of articles, many of which point out many of these troubles. Even if you haven’t read the blog, you probably are aware of some of these schemes. While I wish it were easy to sum everything up into one neat, overlying problem, it’s not that simple. Let me point out just a few of the issues.
For one, there’s a definite lack of respect in dating nowadays. People don’t even care about their partners enough to treat them as they deserve to be treated. Gossip, ridiculously high expectations, and rejections by ignorance are only some of the examples in this area. Grandparents are always carrying on about how today’s generation has such a lack of respect. They talk about how, in their day, people cared about others and banded together through difficult problems. Why do they talk about these things? Because they’re right! Through every activity in which I’ve been involved, I’ve encountered this problem. I’m tired of working for a hundred hours on a video project when the president of the organization receives but
For a woman to have sex with a guy, she must not only be attracted to him, but she must also trust him. Look at it like this:
1. Trust Without Attraction = “He’s a great friend and I love him to death!” (Translation: “We’ll NEVER have sex!”)
2. Attraction Without Trust = “I’m not a loose woman. He’ll have to wait before he gets any!”
However, if the woman has both attraction AND trust for the guy, she’ll be literally begging you to take her home with you that night.
Let’s take a typical scenario. Say it’s coming up on 11 PM, and you’ve been with a woman since 6 that afternoon. As long as you’ve had good rapport with her and you’ve kept pushing the interaction forward, you can assume she’s attracted to you.
And by the way, with a woman, you should always assume attraction until proven otherwise. Because the bottom line is that as long as you’ve got good body language, you’ve got a lot going on in your life, and you’re witty and interesting, she WILL be attracted to you.
Now you need to build trust. By
We’ve all had that special woman in our lives. You know… the one with the sweet personality, the really nice hair and a perfect face. She dates the more “adept” guys… but how can you get her to like you?
While men are primarily attracted to women based on their looks, a woman finds a man attractive because of his personality. A ideal man is an alpha male who’s confident in himself and not afraid to take the lead and get what he wants out of life.
Ironically, what this means then is that the best way for a girl to like you is when she feels like she has EARNED you.
That’s because to get a girl to like you, you should come from a mindset of high value. Never come from a position of neediness.
So the best attitudes to have towards any one particular woman are:
2. Non-attachment to whether she likes you or not. (By that I mean, if she likes you that’s awesome, but if not, there are tons of other chicks out there who are equally as great as she is.)
How to find a date? Promote yourself! That’s one of the key you should consider. It sounds too planned, too contrived, right? You probably wonder whereas the romance; where are all the rainbows, fireworks and stars?
Probably that is what you have in mind when advised to put on a personal ad in different kind of publications. Well, that’s one way to meet people. In order to meet the man or woman of your dreams, you’re going to have to have a lot of people to choose from. If you want to win the lottery, you don’t just buy one ticket.
True…Dating can be great fun. But can also be a really stressful experience if you are unprepared.
Tips to Promote
1. Now, start by checking the publications in your area that run personal ads.
2. Find out the geographic range of this publication. Do you want to travel that far to meet the people who respond to your ad? If so, run the ad. If not, look for another publication with a smaller geographic range. Then, if the publication is daily or weekly, run the ad three times in a row, if
Does the waiter know how you like your steak, and more about your love life than you do yourself? You are stuck in a “boring-dates syndrome”! Or perhaps you are conducting a psychological experiment on the people you date, and trying to keep the environment constant… It is at least good your haven’t just given up on trying yet! Perhaps this is not quite you, but you do feel bored with your dating life, or you stopped dating all together.
Generally people do stop dating after being in a relationship for a while, there is no reason to, however it tends to happenbecause people end up doing the same things over and over again which ends up being more boring than just staying at home.
Here are a few basic rules to keep dating interesting:
Stick to the season
Like you should eat in season to save money you should date “in season” to have fun. Don’t insist on walking around too much outside when the frost is permanently attached to anything you touch. Except if you have skates on your feet! Be active but do what you like. Dating is a great way to
Men, learn how to behave on dating and personals sites.
Being a man and also being the owner of a dating site myself I have to tell all my fellow men that you are chasing all the women away. Most of you anyway. Women are keen on how we behave because most of us all behave the same way on dating sites. Here is a list of DO’s and DON’TS to help keep the women at these sites and to help you get some responses.
1) DON’T copy and paste 25 exactly same emails and send them off. Women see right through this and it get’s you no-where. Ever wonder why you don’t get responses? That’s the first reason. DO send individual emails and put some thought into contacting women on these dating sites. REMEMBER: women get 100 emails a day from all sorts of guys. If your email has no heart then you just go over-looked.
2) DO spell check your email, women are so turned off by a guy that cannot spell it shows you are either stupid or just lazy. The same thing goes for grammar. Take some time to get it
Sweet flowers alone can say what passion fears revealing
Thomas Hood poem, The Language of Flowers
Flowers and bouquets of flowers have a meaning of their own. Most of us know that a dozen red roses means, “Be mine.” But did you know, for example, that a primrose means, “I can’t live without you,” or that a purple hyacinth means, “Please forgive me,” or that a pink carnation means, “I’ll never forget you,” or that a gladiolus means, “Give me a break?”
Flower meanings have been used to convey ideas, feelings and messages for centuries. The word, floriography, has been coined for the assignment of meaning to flowers. There is a meaning to colors of flowers, to numbers of flowers, and to groups of flowers. It is a silent language that has been largely lost to us through lack of use.
In addition to the obvious choices of color and variety, the language of flowers also includes the way flowers are worn or presented. Presenting flowers upright conveys a positive meaning, but if they are presented upside down the meaning is the opposite. If a ribbon is included with the flowers and is tied
Why is it people, especially the media, thinks that looking for love on the internet is shameful? The discrimination is particularly evident if you are looking for a foreign bride. I met my wife, Eileen, who is Filipina, on the internet. The narrow-minded nay sayers like labeling this media as “mail order bride” They seem to believe these ladies are enslaved by Western men who are seeking a foreign wife. And if by chance a relationship of this sort does go sour, they use this as all-inclusive evidence that looking for love on the internet is morally wrong.
There are more success stories then failures. But news isn’t news unless it is negative or controversial. There are thousands of happy couples who found each other on the internet, but this will not make the news nor the Maury Povich show.
Let me use the Philippines as my bases for discussion. These ladies are not forced to do anything they don’t want to do. The argument is these ladies are so poor they will do anything to get out of their country. Let me agree with this statement to a degree. The fact that a lady is
When you think about what you find attractive in a person, what comes to mind? Tall, dark and handsome? Blonde and curvaceous?
How about happy and fulfilled with an exciting life?
I don’t know about you, but I would pick the happy, exciting life every time. While physical chemistry is important, I know quite a number of people who would not win a beauty pageant, but are so filled with life and energy that they draw the attention of everyone when they enter a room. They may not be the easiest on the eye, but they certainly are the ones I want to talk to and spend time with.
As we get ready for the search for our future partners, an easy aspect to overlook is our attitude towards our own lives. Each time I have found myself single, adjusting myself to the possible reality that I might be that way the rest of my life has seemed imperative. A part of that adjustment has always included building a happy and interesting life for myself.
How you feel about your life now as a single person and the possibility that you